Academic Catalog 2013-2014 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
School of Religion and Philosophy
Lester W. James, Sr. Professor of Religion Paul Sadler, Dean
Professors Jeff Anderson, Paul Armes, Don Ashley, David L. Bishop, Glyndle Feagin, J.M. Givens, Jr., David Howle, Lewis Lee, Gary Manning, Carolyn Ratcliffe, Glenn Simmons, Jeff Tillman
Associate Professors Ben Craver, Thomas Fisher, Gary Mitchell, Brent Schlittenhart, Richard Shaw
Assistant Professors Michael A. Dain, Clinton Lowin
Emeritus Professor Fred E. Meeks, Glenn Saul
Baptist General Convention of Texas (BGCT) Ministerial Financial Assistance Program
Baptist students taking courses at Wayland campuses located in the state of Texas may be eligible for financial assistance from the BGCT. All Ministerial Financial Assistance recipients must meet the following requirements:
- Submit a completed application including all necessary documentation.
- Enroll in one of the following: Master of Arts in Religion, Master of Christian Ministry, or Master of Divinity.
- Be an active participant in a local church affiliated with the BGCT.
- Complete RLGN 5330 - Baptist History unless the student received credit for RLGN 4330 or its equivalent as an undergraduate.
- Master of Divinity students will also complete RLGN 5354 /RLED 5354 Spiritual Disciplines and Christian Spirituality and participate in spiritual formation small groups.
- Renew application each academic year.